This article will highlight some best practices to follow regarding teak care to protect your investment.
Teak Care: Steps to Take
- Get teak cleaning done on a regular basis. A good schedule to follow is annually or semi annually.
- If your teak is starting to show it’s age, reverse the damage by getting teak refinishing done. Refinishing your teak will help it to keep its caramel color.
- Use care when you’re doing follow up teak cleaning. Teak, even though it is a hardwood, has soft spots as well as firmer spots.
Teak Cleaning in Orange County: Things to Be Aware Of
Teak cleaning in Orange County has additional steps that you have to take. Orange County, like most of Southern California is a coastal desert. While this makes for a nearly idyllic climate, Orange County has some weather extremes however,such as the Santa Ana winds, heat waves during summer, and in coastal areas exposure to salt water.
- In the event of any harsher weather conditions, cover teak furniture or move it into storage. Have a company that does teak sealing also come in if necessary.
- Teak deck cleaning may be necessary in the event of high winds, as grit and dirt can score or scratch the surface of the deck.
- Don’t try to do your own teak sealing particularly where a deck is concerned. Some products can cause your teak to lose its non slip features if it is sealed.
Teak Care: Some Final Thoughts
- Make no mistake that replacing your teak is expensive. Taking good care of your teak proactively is much cheaper than replacing it all.
- Always hire a professional to take care of your teak. A teak refinishing service has years, if not decades of experience.
- Having teak furniture or decking in Orange County and throughout Southern California makes a lot of sense, particularly with the high price of real estate. Just remember that like all things with your home, you have to keep it up.
Teak & Deck Professionals is a teak refinishing company based in Southern California.
Teak & Deck Professionals
5355 Avenida Encinas #111
Carlsbad, CA 92008