Teak Restoration and Refinishing in San Diego
Teak & Deck Professionals is proud to restore teak furniture in San Diego and throughout the Southern California area. If you’re looking to refinish outdoor teak furniture, our professionals are here to get the job done right and bring it back to life.
Outdoor furniture made from teak should last a long time — many teak pieces hold up well for more than 75 years. But if your teak furniture is looking gray and shabby, you might wonder why you’d want to keep it around for that long!
The secret to keeping teak looking its best is routine maintenance. Periodic refinishing also works wonders on furniture made from durable teak. At Teak and Deck Professionals, we’ve completed more than 10,000 teak refinishing projects, and we know firsthand that old teak furniture can look amazing with some professional TLC.
What is Teak Furniture Maintenance?
Pollutants and bird droppings are just a few of the things that can take a toll on teak. The good news is that regular cleaning, light sanding and deep sealing with teak-friendly products will keep outdoor teak furniture beautiful for the long haul.
Here are some signs that your teak pieces can benefit from Teak and Deck Professionals’ teak maintenance and teak refinishing in San Diego:
• You don’t like the way the wood looks — has it lost its warmth and luster?
• You have beautiful new teak furniture, and you want to keep it looking that way.
• The wood is starting to get a raised grain.
• You see black streaks or other signs of mildew and mold.
• The furniture has stubborn, deep-set stains.
• The teak pieces are exposed to the sun all day.
• The furniture is in a wet environment, like near a pool.
Our Teak and Wood maintenance service safeguards outdoor teak with periodic inspections and preventative care to keep it protected from the elements and looking great all year long.
Teak Furniture Restoration in San Diego
Skilled teak furniture restoration can make old teak pieces look new again. A successful restoration project requires knowledge of the characteristics of teak; it’s a tight-grained wood with a high amount of oil and silica. Products and tools must be meticulously chosen for this expensive wood.
Discerning customers count on Teak and Deck Professionals for San Diego teak refinishing because we’ve honed the process and know what to look for in every type of project. Also, sanding teak can be a challenge because the dust tends to be sticky and is a common allergen. We’re experienced in managing refinishing projects as well as the cleanup and aftercare of expensive teak furniture.
Professional Teak Refinishing in San Diego
Each San Diego teak restoration project requires careful attention to detail. Here are some typical steps of our refinishing process:
• Stripping: The wood is first stripped with an environmentally friendly, teak-safe product to remove any old sealants or oils.
• Cleaning: Refinishing teak furniture starts with prepping the piece. If the item has been stained before, we’ll remove it. We’ll also clean the wood and make sure any mold or mildew is removed.
• Sanding: Sanding wood helps it to look as like-new as possible. We choose different grades of sandpaper based on the condition of the wood. Sanding also helps to prep the teak for the next steps.
• pH adjustment: We apply a pH-balancing product to brighten the wood and revive its appearance. This step opens the wood’s pores, which helps it to accept the new stain.
• Sealing: The teak is treated with a sealant that helps protect the wood from UV rays, moisture, splashes or spills. The sealer can have pigments to add a desired stain to the wood.
Protecting With San Diego Teak Sealing
Sealing teak with a high-quality product is essential for enhancing its natural weather-resistant capabilities. It also helps bring out the beauty and grain of the wood.
Teak and Deck Professionals can recommend and apply teak sealants that work best for each piece of furniture. For example, the horizontal surfaces of dining tables can use extra shielding from stains. A good sealer also helps protect the wood from pollution, dirt and moisture.
Contact Teak and Deck Professionals for Worry-Free Teak Restoration in San Diego
Teak and Deck Professionals has been the trusted choice for San Diego teak furniture restoration since 1999. We hope you’ll choose us to care for all the outdoor teak on your property. You can call our San Diego phone number (760) 338-2041 for a free quote over the phone today.