Teak Restoration and Refinishing in San Diego
Outdoor furniture made from teak should last a long time — many teak pieces hold up well for more than 75 years. But if your teak furniture is looking gray and shabby, you might wonder why you’d want to keep it around for that long!
Pollutants and bird droppings are just a few of the things that can take a toll on teak. The good news is that regular cleaning, light sanding, and deep sealing with teak-friendly products can help keep outdoor teak furniture beautiful for the long haul.
At Teak and Deck Professionals, we’ve completed more than 10,000 teak refinishing projects, and we know firsthand that old teak furniture can look amazing with some professional TLC.
About San Diego
San Diego is California’s second largest city and encompasses 18 incorporated cities and other charming neighborhoods. The location is well-known for its idyllic climate, pristine beaches, and world-class family attractions (e.g., San Diego Zoo).
How Our San Diego Teak Restoration Services Work
Skilled teak furniture restoration can make old teak furniture look new again. A successful restoration project requires knowledge of the characteristics of teak; it’s a tight-grained wood with a high amount of oil and silica. Products and tools must be meticulously chosen for this expensive wood.
Customers can count on Teak and Deck Professionals for San Diego teak restoration because we’ve honed the process and know what to look for in every type of project. Also, sanding teak can be a challenge because the dust tends to be sticky and is a common allergen. We’re experienced in managing refinishing projects as well as the cleanup and aftercare of expensive teak furniture.
Here are some typical steps of our refinishing process:
- Stripping: The wood is first stripped with an environmentally friendly, teak-safe product to remove any old sealants or oils.
- Cleaning: Refinishing teak furniture starts with prepping the piece. If the item has been stained before, we’ll remove it. We’ll also clean the wood and make sure any mold or mildew is removed.
- Sanding: Sanding wood helps it to look as like-new as possible. We choose different grades of sandpaper based on the condition of the wood. Sanding also helps to prep the teak for the next steps.
- pH adjustment: We apply a pH-balancing product to brighten the wood and revive its appearance. This step opens the wood’s pores, which helps it to accept the new stain.
- Sealing: The teak is treated with a sealant that helps protect the wood from UV rays, moisture, splashes, or spills. The sealer can have pigments to add a desired stain to the wood.
Choose Teak & Deck Professionals for Excellent Teak Restoration Services in San Diego
Teak & Deck Professionals is proud to restore teak furniture in San Diego and throughout the Southern California area. If you’re looking to refinish outdoor teak furniture, our professionals are here to get the job done right and bring it back to life. Our teak and wood experts also safeguard outdoor teak with periodic inspections and preventative care to keep it protected from the elements and looking great all year long.
Teak and Deck Professionals can recommend and apply teak sealants that work best for each piece of furniture. For example, the horizontal surfaces of dining tables can use extra shielding from stains. A good sealer helps protect the wood from pollution, dirt, and moisture.
Schedule an appointment with Teak & Deck Professionals for professional teak restoration services in San Diego today.